Our Mountain Bike Suspension is Like No Other
SINE SUSPENSION TECHNOLOGY EXPLAINED When it comes to mountain biking, there’s no denying the fact that your bike’s suspension determines your ride quality. So, when designing the Arktos, our latest mountain bike, we enlisted the expertise of renowned suspension designer David Earle, who has now given us an unparalleled mountain bike suspension system: Sine Suspension. So, what is it? The Sine Suspension system is a one-of-a-kind dual short-link system, derived from superior design elements of David’s previous coveted suspension systems. What makes this one so different (and ultimately even better) is that it didn’t start with engineering, but rather with a focus on suspension kinematics. Focusing on the bike’s movement and design has allowed David to create an ideal mountain bike suspension system that can perform on all types of terrain. Travel with the Sine Suspension system looks like this:
- Beginning of stroke: regression to absorb small bumps and provide climbing traction
- Middle of stroke: progression to avoid wallowing on big hits or in hard & fast corners
- End of stroke: more slight regression to enable full use of rear wheel travel
- Gear up so you start with an accurate rider weight.
- With someone holding the bike, stand on the pedals and get in your normal riding position on the bike.
- Bounce up and down on the bike, compressing the rear end of the bike and the shock; when you are steady again, have someone push the travel ring up the shock against the wiper seal.
- Dismount the bike gently (so you don’t move the travel ring).
- The amount of stanchion shown between the wiper and travel ring is your sag. 30% sag would show 21mm of exposed stanchion between the wiper and travel ring.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
Reset your password
We will send you an email to reset your password.
Need an account? Sign Up.
Already have an account? Log In.
To complete your bike, do you need?
MY SHOPPING CARTContinue shopping